However, due to the variety of styles and designs of the same programmer out in the web, one has to carefully configure soft programmers so they can talk with a hardware device. To configure WinPic800 to work with the parallel schmitt trigger programmer, please follow this instructions:
- Download the latest version of WinPic800
- Download the hardware definition file for this device
- Locate the directory where you installed WinPic800
- Put the downloaded .hwp file inside the Hardware folder
- Open WinPic800, go to Devices > Settings > Hardware
- Select the Tait Schmitt device entry and click OK
Now you may plug the hardware on the parallel port, insert a PIC on the programmer, turn it on and then click on Device > Detect Device. The name of the microcontroller on the programmers socket should be shown on screen.